Paleo Meals To Go Summit Savory Chicken is our classic, cooked to perfection, freeze-dried, Paleo backpacking meal. Tap into your taste buds on your next adventure, prime your palate with the ancestral past, and cook up our hunter-gatherer’s favorite chicken and vegetables. No prep, dishes, or mess. Just wholesome, healthy, Paleo freeze-dried food.
Freeze-dried Summit Savory Chicken is gluten free, grain free, milk free, soy free, nut free, and shelf stable with 60g of protein.
Nutrition Facts Serv. Size: 1 pouch; Amount Per Serving: Calories 300, Fat Cal. 25, Total Fat 3g (5% DV), Sat Fat 1g (4% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (39% DV), Sodium 140mg (6% DV), Total Carb. 12g (4% DV), Fiber 5g (21% DV), Sugars 4g, Protein 60g, Vitamin A (110% DV), Vitamin C (130% DV), Calcium (15% DV), Iron (25% DV). Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Cooked chicken, broccoli, spinach, spice blend (spices, granulated onion, granulated garlic), onions, mushrooms, green bell peppers, sea salt.
NET. WT. 3.09 O.Z. (88g)
How to Prepare:
- Open pouch at tear notch. Remove oxygen absorber from pouch and discard. Remove optional salt packets.
- Reseal pouch. Invert package and shake to distribute seasonings which may have settled to bottom of package.
- Expand bottom of pouch so package stands up on its own.
- Carefully pour 1¼ to 1¾ cups hot water directly into pouch. Cold water can be used if heated water is not an option.
- Stir thoroughly and close zipper. Let stand for 10-12 minutes, adding an additional minute for every 1,000 feet of elevation gain above 5,000 feet. Rehydration times will vary depending on quantity and temperature of water.
- Add optional sea salt if desired, stir again and serve. The top of the pouch can be cut or torn off to eat directly from the pouch.
- If cooking on stove, add water to pan, bring to boil, remove from heat, remove oxygen absorber and add pouch contents, stir, and cover for recommended time. Stir again and serve.
- The enclosed sea salt can be added for enhanced flavor if desired.
- Please respect the environment and discard your trash in an appropriate way.